Hasliberg self catering chalet rental

Travelling to our Chalet in the Alps

To get to our chalet in the alps is easy. I won't begin to tell those of you who live in mainland Europe how to get to Hasliberg, suffice to say car,rail and air links are all possible, Without a car use the Swiss rail/postauto network'- bus stop in Goldern & train stations in Brunig & Meiringen.

Getting to our chalet in the alps from the UK
There are flights to Basle, Berne,Zurich and Geneva where cars can be hired, or the highly punctual train system can be accessed which then links into the ever reliable bus system, the Postauto.

Opting for car ferries or the tunnel is not that daunting - whichever French port is used the distance is still around 600 miles. This can be driven in 9 hours according to via Michelin using 560 miles of motorways and around £30.00 of motorway tolls on the French motorways. The time spent in the car depend on who is in the car and their ages, when our children were younger we always used to spend two days A vignette is needed for the Swiss motorways, it can be purchased at the Swiss border or via the Swiss Travel Centre Ltd. in London Telephone 00800 10020030 or on line via my switzerland before you travel. A vignette is a sticker for your windscreen which is valid for one year and costs 40 Swiss francs or about £17.00.

We drive back to the French coast during the day in about 11 hours with a few stops. On the way there we generally catch an early morning ferry and travel as far as Auxerre, where we have an overnight stop and evening meal. Try Campanile, Kyriad We see the travelling as part of the holiday, not as an ordeal that has to be done as quickly as possible. The travelling can obviously take as long as you like and the overnight stops can be as cheap or as expensive as you choose.

Should you require any further information either telephone Angela Or Eugene on 0044 (0)1425 656240 or email angela_would1@tiscali.co.uk.

Chalet in the Alps links to useful sites



If you choose National airlines check out British Airways or Swiss

Health care

The cover the EHIC provides
The EHIC can be used to cover any necessary medical treatment due to either an accident or illness within the European Economic Area and Switzerland. The card entitles the holder to state-provided medical treatment within the country they are visiting. This may not cover all of the services you would expect within the UK and you may have to make a contribution towards the care you receive.

The EHIC can also be used to receive treatment for pre-existing illnesses and chronic diseases, but conditions do apply so please check with your healthcare provider before you travel. Maternity care is covered by the EHIC whilst you are away, but if you are travelling to a country specifically to have a baby then you will need to complete an E112 form. Again, ask your healthcare provider for more information before you travel.

The EHIC may not cover persons for all medical costs incurred, so you are strongly advised to also arrange travel insurance to ensure that you are covered for all possible eventualities. Furthermore, you will not be covered by an EHIC if the main purpose of your travel is to receive medical treatment.

The EHIC is valid within the European Economic Area, which includes the European Union countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Switzerland also has an agreement in place with the European Union to accept the EHIC.

The following countries are covered by the EHIC:

Austria, Belgium, Cyprus (not including Northern Cyprus), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.